JOIN OUR SCHOOL
Open enrollment is closed for the 2017-18 school year. We are not currently accepting any more applications but we do keep a rolling waiting list. Click here to fill out our waiting list form.
The Admissions process is as follows:
1) Sign-Up to be on our waiting list. Woodhaven school keeps a rolling waiting list. Once on the waiting list, your family will be contacted should we have an opening for your year and class of interest. Priority for registration is given to siblings of current students and alumni families, followed by those on the waiting list. New families are contacted for application based on the order in which this form was received. There are no fees to be placed on our waiting list.
2) Visit Our School. As space becomes available, you will be invited to visit Woodhaven School during an open house or through a school tour if there is an opening during the current school year. You will meet Ms. Erica, observe the indoor and outdoor spaces, and learn more about Woodhaven School.
3) Complete Enrollment Application. After visiting our school, the enrollment team will contact you with a link to submit an enrollment application and $50 non-refundable application fee. Open enrollment is held in February each year for the following year. Due to a limited number of spaces available in our classes, we are not able to offer every family a spot that completes our enrollment application. Priority for moving on to the next step in the enrollment process is given to siblings of current students and alumni families, followed by those families on the waiting list. New families are contacted based on the order in which their waiting list form was received. For this reason, if you are interested in attending Woodhaven School, please place your child on our waiting list as soon as you have interest.
4) Trial Day. As space is available for new families, the enrollment team will work their way through completed enrollment applications in the order families appear on our waiting list. If there is space in your desired class, you will be invited to attend a trial day at our school. Trial days are for both parent and child and allow you to observe and participate in your desired class. This is an opportunity to find out if Woodhaven School is a good fit for your family.
5) Registration. Based on space available in your desired class, Woodhaven School will extend an invitation to register.
A Note About our Selection Process...
As space is available, we contact families from our waitlist in the order in which their form was received. As we move along in the application process, we hope that you will be able to determine if Woodhaven School is a good fit for your family. We require that families come see our school (generally by attending an open house) so that they can learn more about our school and what it means to be a part of a cooperative preschool. If you choose to apply and accept an invitation to have a trial day with your child, we hope that you will utilize that opportunity to decide if Woodhaven School is a good fit for your family.
As a unique, parent-driven cooperative school, Woodhaven School relies heavily on our families to eagerly and fully participate in our community. Please keep in mind that when filling open spaces in our classes, we consider families’ interests, talents, and skills as well as their enthusiasm for our program. Other factors considered are age, gender, and the diversity balance of our students - in an effort to create and keep a cohesive balance in our classes.
When considering Woodhaven School, please also remember that parents are responsible for regularly assisting in the classroom as well as holding an ongoing job that is essential in running our school. In partnership with our director/teacher, we create a thriving learning community.
Woodhaven School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion (creed) or national origin. We welcome diversity and have taught many preschool students learning English as their second language.
*This page was last updated 3.09.2017
2017/2018 Tuition & Fees
The 10-month (Sept – June) school year follows the Beaverton Public School district calendar for holidays, snow closures and teacher planning days.
Rosebud Class (3 – 6 years old) Tuesday, Thursday 9 am – 1 pm $2350 annual tuition (payment option available: 8 payments of $235/month Oct - May and one payment in September of $470)
Sunflower Class (3 – 6 years old) Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 9 am – 1 pm $3600 annual tuition (payment option available: 8 payments of $360/month Oct - May and one payment in September of $720)