JOIN OUR SCHOOL
We are now enrolling for all 2018-19 classes.
1) Sign-up for our waiting list. Woodhaven School keeps a rolling waiting list throughout the year. There are no fees to be on the list.
2) Visit Our School. Once on our waiting list, you’ll be invited to visit Woodhaven School during an open house or summer stay and play. You’ll meet Ms. Erica, observe the indoor and outdoor spaces, and learn more about Woodhaven School.
3) Complete Enrollment Application. After visiting Woodhaven School, the enrollment team will send you a link to complete an enrollment application and submit a $50 non-refundable application fee. Open enrollment is held in February each year for the following school year. Due to a limited number of spaces available, we’re not able to offer a spot to every family that completes our enrollment application. Priority is given to siblings of current students and alumni families, followed by those families who have attended an open house or summer stay and play.
4) Trial Day. When there is available space in your desired class, you’ll be invited to attend a trial day. Trial days are for both parent and child and allow you to observe and participate in your desired class. This is an opportunity to find out if Woodhaven School is a good fit for your family.
5) Registration. Based on space available in your desired class, Woodhaven School will extend an invitation to register.
A Note About our Selection Process...
As space is available, we contact families from our waiting list in the order in which their form was received. As we move along in the application process, we hope that you’ll be able to determine if Woodhaven School is a good fit for your family. We require that families come see our school (generally by attending an open house or summer stay and play) to learn more about our school and what it means to be a part of a cooperative preschool. If you choose to apply and accept an invitation to have a trial day with your child, we hope you’ll utilize that opportunity to decide if Woodhaven School is a good fit for your family.
As a unique, parent-driven cooperative school, Woodhaven School relies heavily on our families to eagerly and fully participate in our community. Please keep in mind that when filling open spaces in our classes, we consider families’ interests, talents, and skills as well as their enthusiasm for our program. Other factors considered are age, gender, and the diversity balance of our students - in an effort to create and keep a cohesive balance in our classes.
When considering Woodhaven School, please remember that parents (or grandparents) are responsible for regularly assisting in the classroom as well as holding an ongoing job that is essential in running our school. In partnership with our director/teacher, we create a thriving learning community.
Woodhaven School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion (creed) or national origin. We welcome diversity and have taught many preschool students learning English as their second language.
2018/2019 Tuition & Fees
The 10-month (Sept – June) school year follows the Beaverton Public School district calendar for holidays, snow closures and teacher planning days.
Sweet Peas Parent & Child Class (birth - age 3 with caregiver) Wednesdays, 9:30 - 11:30 am: $185 per eight-week session ($160 tuition plus $25 materials fee)
Three sessions for the 2018-19 school year:
- Fall: Sept 26 - Nov 14
- Winter: Jan 16 - Mar 6
- Spring: Apr 3 - May 22
*Optional Spiral Walk class: Nov 28, $35
*Optional Winter Craft class: Dec 12, $35
Rosebud Class (ages 3 – 6) Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 am – 1 pm: $2450 annual tuition (or a payment option of $245 per month for 10 months with the first month collected before the start of the school year)
Sunflower Class (ages 3 – 6) Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 am – 1 pm: $3750 annual tuition (or a payment option of $375 per month for 10 months with the first month collected before the start of the school year)